Wednesday, April 12, 2006

To Be Continued...

Well, we got the call today. And in a strange twist of fate, the hearing has been given a continuance, and will reconvene tomorrow afternoon. Truthfully, the timing would be better for us to add to our family tomorrow. That gives my husband and I the evening to spend some time together (something we didn't get to do last night). And that would also mean that I wouldn't need to be alone with a new kid until next week, given the fact that our daughter has off school on Friday and then we have the weekend.

My biggest concern at this point is the dog. She's not real great with strangers. I'm sure she'd come around to the kid, as she has in the past. She seems to have a higher tolerance for little people. But given that there will be support professionals in and out of the house on an almost daily basis, well, that could get tricky. But I'm sure with some training she'd get used to that, too. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm tempted to take a nap, but then again--the more tired I am tonight, the more chance I'll have of getting better sleep!

I'll give you the update tomorrow when I hear. Thanks for your thoughts, support, and especially your prayers :)