Sunday, May 14, 2006

Poop There It Is

After one week of successfully "making bubbles" (that is, going pee on the potty), I upped the ante tonight. The little guy hadn't pooped all day -- today or yesterday. And he was blowing gas ALL day long. So at 8 tonight, I knew we were drawing near. So I sat him on the potty and bribed him. His favorite thing to eat is Nemo Snacks. So I told him that he could have them if he pooped on the potty. I think he did it before I discovered it 40 minutes into the ordeal, but I didn't see it until then (it was hidden underneath some stray toilet paper). Anyway, long story short--our little guy is making great strides in the potty department. They told us, when he came a month ago, that potty training wouldn't happen until he could realize some of the other sensory things he is missing. But we're out to prove them wrong. In this case, that's a good thing :)