Monday, May 22, 2006

Progress

Last week, we had a number of meetings and evaluations and I was very pleased with the way that they turned out. Folks are noticing improvements, and it's good to get partial recognition for that (it's a team effort, I keep telling them). The little guy really seems to have the pee thing down pat, and after MUCH coersion, did a little number twoing last night. How frustrating potty training is. No one told me!

This is the last week of preschool. I'm hoping next week will be the start of really knocking the potty training thing out, since I'll know what happens in that neck of the woods ALL DAY LONG! He's able to stay dry for two hour (and more) stretches (except at night) and I think it might be time to try out some big boy pants when I know we'll be at a place that it's okay to wet his pants (like outside). Thanks to yard sale finds this weekend, we have a couple more to add to the pile so that laundry won't have to be done solely for him every day!

We're going camping this weekend, and that should be interesting. I'm not sure how he'll do, but I think it will be fun to find out. We'll see the in-laws and I think that will be nice. I think ;)

Bike riding isn't going so well. We're still not quite getting the whole pedaling thing. He can push a little bit, but then the pedals get stuck at that point where you actually need MOMENTUM. And that's something he doesn't give up easily. So...we continue on a little at a time. One day, he'll get it. At least he's pushing a little bit now. At first, he wouldn't even do that.

So that's the update. Have a good week!