Sunday, September 24, 2006

PEACE

Well, peace has come over the past couple of weeks with what lies ahead. I have come to acknowledge that the law will likely favor placing the Little Guy with biological family, regardless of the situation. And I have also learned a bit about my role as mother. And I can honestly say that when all is said and done, I will be okay whether this Guy stays or goes. I am glad to have this transition time, and still think it will be awhile until an official decision is made. In the meantime, it's good to know that I can go either way.

Foster parenting has been such a blessing. I have the opportunity to mother many. I get to experience what it is like to raise all sorts of kids, and be a part of their stories. Sure, there are pitfalls, roller coaster dips and climbs. But in the long run, it's quite a ride.

I appreciate the time I have with the kids I have. I know that there will be some I can "keep" and some that are merely passing through. When it comes down to it, they're all on loan from a Father who prizes my worth as His child more than He does as a Mother. I need to remember that, as it is my most important identity!