Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A DATE HAS BEEN SET!

December 12th
8:30 a.m.
Adoption Hearing

I requested an afternoon (I work in the mornings), but hey! What can you do? Now I have to figure out if I need to get a substitute teacher....

Tonight I'm battling such anger at the fact that this little guy is STILL not asking to go to the bathroom. I guess maybe I'm not as patient as I'm "supposed" to be. But for crying out loud! He's five and a half! And I don't have the strength not to yell and get upset when he pees his pants and then shows absolutely no recognition that he's even wet.

It would be really great if we were past this. It would be really great if I could keep my cool when he does this. I know that all the toilet training philosophies say to take this all in stride. But they say that as if it's the easiest thing in the world. Yeah, right! It's the most difficult thing I've EVER done. And quite frankly it has made me believe that I do not want to EVER EVER EVER have another child in my house that has to go through potty training (this would include a baby, which I always thought I wanted).

Hopefully, tomorrow is better.